Malvin C. Ross Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Woodrow Wilson High School graduate;
- Must have attended Stratton Elementary School for at least their final year of primary school;
- Based upon both need and merit;
- Encouraged to address the students at Stratton Elementary at a mutually convenient time;
- Scholarship can be used for any accredited post-secondary education including college, junior college, university, trade school, or technical college.
The faculty, students and friends of Stratton Elm., have established the Malvin C. Ross Memorial Scholarship Fund to remember their beloved educator. Mr. Ross was a science teacher and coach at Stratton Junior High before he became principal. This is a non-renewable scholarship that will be awarded to a Raleigh County HS senior who attended Stratton for at least the final year of elementary school. Recipients will be encouraged to address the students of Stratton Elm. about the importance of education. A 2008 contribution from the Citizens Scholarship Fund of Beckley and from several individual donors helped this fund reach the minimum required for a named scholarship fund.