Wyoming County Medical Field Scholarship Fund
Debbie Wiles of Pineville, WV, established this permanent endowment with technical assistance from her financial advisor at Ameriprise. The donor designated that the annual income shall be used for need and merit based scholarships for students who graduate from Wyoming County East HS in New Richmond, Westside HS in Clear Creek, or Wyoming County Career and Technical Center in Pineville. Recipients must pursue a program of study in a medical field at UC-Beckley. The scholarship will be renewable if the recipient maintains a B or better average, carries a full academic load, and continues to pursue a career in a medical related field.
- Must be a Wyoming County resident;
- Enrolling at Wyoming County Career & Technical Center or Southern WV Community & Technical College Wyoming/McDowell County Campus
- Students attending a Wyoming County High School or a Wyoming Co. student currently enrolled at the Wyoming County Career & Technical Center or the Wyoming/McDowell County Campus of Southern WV Community & Technical College or
- Adults returning to school after spending time in the workforce;
- Adults with a GED;
- Possess a 2.5 or greater GPA;
- Work experience or exceptional community service;
- Must not be on probation of any kind;
- This scholarship grant is for up to $1,500 to be used for the Fall 2015.