First Christian Church of Beckley Fund
An anonymous donor made the initial gift to establish this fund. A number of other individuals, both members and friends of the church, have since made additional donations. The early beginnings of the Beckley First Christian Church can be traced back to 1893, with the original building on Church St. The arrival of the Home Missionaries in the early 1900’s led to dramatic growth, and the church established the first public high school in southern West Virginia, called the Institute. The current church building was erected on the corner of Fayette and Prince Streets in 1919.